R&D – CW250/CW400 Pilot plant carbonating and filling equipment
As well as low volume production the Moravek CW250 and CW400 models are widely used for research and development pilot plant scale production of carbonated beverages such as soft drinks and mineral waters as well as wines, beers and cider.
The machines are used by a number of carbonated soft drinks manufacturers including Pepsi Cola, Cadbury Schweppes and Orangina France as well as large brewing companies including Carlsberg, Greene King and SAB Miller.
The CW models are particularly popular with companies who are interested not only in experimenting with the product but also with the packaging as glass bottles, PET bottles and cans can be quickly and easily changed during a production run.
The Moravek CW250 and CW400 are simple to use, easy to maintain and reliable making them a popular choice for those companies who are interested in the production and development of carbonated beverages.
Unlike many similar machines the CW250 and CW400 are capable of producing and packaging batches ranging from as little as 5 litres to a large scale production of thousands of bottles required for market testing.
The quality of the CW model’s inline gas atomise type carbonator means the quality and consistency of the final product is not affected by the size of the batch being produced. It can be accurately adjusted and controlled for the production of even the smallest amounts of the product on test.
- Consistent carbonation levels – by keeping a set temperature and carbonating pressure the CW model produces consistent levels of carbonation and ensures the product cannot be over carbonated.
- Fully integrated carbonator and counter pressure – the single unit ensures reliable performance and consistent quality which are vital for any R & D purposes.
- Suitable for a wide range of bottles and cans – enabling the testing of the packaging as well as the product.
- Compatible with a wide range of bottle sizes – from 0.2 to 2 litres.
- Suitable for glass and PET bottle
- Fully adjustable carbonating range – from 2.0g/L to 8.0g/L CO2 content (1 to 4 volumes).
- Suitable for both carbonated and still beverages – enabling the development and trial of a wide range of products.
- Compact – a footprint of 0.6m x 0.6m and a height of 2.2m.
- Robust – constructed in high quality stainless steel.
- Simple and efficient – easy to change bottle sizes for production runs of as little as 5 litres.
- Cost effective – low maintenance and operating requirements.
- An additional in-built chilling cool can be incorporated into the carbonating chamber in order to reduce or maintain product temperatures if required.
- The CW400 mono pump model includes an automatic CIP function.
|Maximum capacity of beverage||450 LPH||450 LPH|
|Max. CO2 (N2O) content in beverage||12g/ltr||12g/ltr (10g/ltr)|
|Maximum carbonating overpressure||0.8 MPa||0.8 MPa|
|Max. CO2 consumption (based on 1 ltr bottle)||4kg/hr||4kg/hr|
|Capacity of bottles||0.2 – 2.5ltr||0.2 – 2.5ltr|
|Adjustable bottle height||180 – 340mm||180 – 340mm|
|Number of Filling Valves||2||2|
|Feeding||230 (3×400) V, 50 Hz||3×400 V, 50 Hz|
|Noise Level||60 – 75 dB (A)||60 – 75 dB (A)|
|Weight||130 kg||150 kg|
|Dimensions||0.6 x 0.6 x 2.2 m||0.75 x 0.6 x 2.1m|